1923 - 1980
Strausak AG was founded in 1923 in Lohn Ammansegg (Switzerland), specialising in the manufacture of high-precision machinery and equipment that is mainly used in the watchmaking and apparatus manufacturing industries. In the 1970s, with up to 180 members of staff, the company was one of the most important employers in the region.
1980 - 1996
Towards the end of the 1980s, the company increasingly found itself struggling with sales problems, which came to a head by the middle of the 1990s. By virtue of the insecure future outlook, those responsible decided to act and look for a buyer for the microtechnology sector, which includes gear-cutting and rolling machines. They struck it rich with Rolf Brunner, who was employed at that time as Technical Director of another company that manufactures watch movements and was actually using machines from Strausak AG.
1996 - 2001
With just a small team, the new owners, Rolf and Rita Brunner, started the production of gear-cutting, rolling and special machines on 20 December 1996 in the Swiss town of Grenchen. They achieved the turnaround in a short time, thanks to newly increased capacity and the continual improvement of its machines.
2001 - 2015
The steady growth of the company meant that space in the existing building was gradually becoming barely adequate. As a result of this, in the summer of 2001 the decision was taken to commission a new building. It was already in use in 2002. In subsequent years, it proved possible to steadily acquire new customers and a greater share of the market.